Saturday 19 January 2013

No kidding ...

When I said yesterday that we couldn't see out of the window, I wasn't fibbing ...



It really was a blizzard yesterday and I felt as though we were being encased in snow.  There wasn't actually that much snow falling, the field only had a smattering of a covering, but the sky was almost black and the wind was a howler, whipping up the snow.  It was being blown around and about, piling up in corners and other strange places.  Drifts as high as my shoulder and sheep covered in snowballs.  The neighbours' cat jumped off the shed, which resulted in a yowl as he sank so deep only his ears were visible (I don't think it helped that a dollop also landed slap bang on his head).  On the plus side, today it was sunny and the snow wasn't cutting horizontally into your face.  A beautiful day for a long walk, crawling through snow (the paths were shoulder deep in snow!) and photographing lovely scenes ready to pop straight into next years Winter Collection (that's the Christmas cards sorted out then!).  I'll post them in a day or two, oh I have a couple of lovely ones of some sweet looking sheep.

My poor little Tete-a-tete is desperate for some sunlight, so here is Spring Watch Day 1; a little bit of Spring colour in amongst the snow flurry ...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment