Thursday 21 June 2012

A tale of the ephemeral and ethereal ...

An oasis of poppy calm in a mad rush of writing and making posters (not as exciting as it sounds, if only it could be done in crayon...) for work.


These poppies are from last year.  I haven't seen so many this year and that makes me a little sad.  But on the plus side, I have a load that I haven't even gotten round to looking at from last yearThat is definitely something to look forward to.  There is something pleasing about the colour blocking and overlapping in this image.  I think it captures the essence of poppies, such delicate stems on their own, with their crumpled tissue-like skirts, but together, they are a mighty force.  An entity united in colour and standing strong in their own ethereal splendour.  Ephemeral and yet eternally captured.

1 comment: